Monday, November 26, 2007

scary

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So, ever since Halloween my boys have been obsessed with all things scary. Billy draws picture of skeletons and zombies and monsters, all of which are really good, by the way. They wear masks and hide behind things so they can jump out at me. They are not very good because they can't stop giggling the entire time they are hiding. My job is to scream, "AGHHHHH!!!!!" at just the right moment. I am really good at it and the boys believe that I was actually scared every time. They walk away laughing hysterically and boasting about how they "got' me. It's cool, and fun is had by all.
The other night I was up late studying, and went upstairs to collapse in my bed, and laying there I came face to face with biggest, ugliest spider that I have ever seen, and I FREAKED!!! I jumped out of bed, heart racing, driven by pure panic, and about to pick up Mike's laptop to kill it, when I realized it was plastic. One of my kids was screwing with me, and it totally worked. My only salvation was that nobody saw my hysteria.
The next day Billy asked me if I said, "AUGHHHHH!!" when I saw the spider, and I laughed and told him that I did. He told me that next time I should do it to him. He wants me to put the spider in his bed and scare him. I don't understand boys. Jack and Billy are going to grow up to be like those guys in the movie 'Summer School' that were so into horror movies, and put on the chainsaw massacre display in the classroom to freak out the substitute.
Oh well, hope we can afford the therapy.

No comments: