Monday, November 26, 2007

i wonder...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I just read that "I'll be back" is the most quoted movie line. Now I wonder if it only counts if you are saying it like the governator, or if they are counting every time someone uses the words 'I'll be back." I say it all the time, if I walk out of a room and plan to return right away, if I'm going to pick up something from the store, if I want someone to save my seat (you get the picture). So I think it can only count if you say it with an Austrian accent, I might even let it slide with an Australian accent, it is just an extra syllable.
The bottom line is that there are so many great movie lines out there, that we need to popularize some of the cooler ones, I can think of about 20 from Casablanca alone.
Here are some thoughts, let's see if we can work them into our vernacular:
"I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue."
"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?"
"Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker."
" I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
"Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the fucking Peace Corps."
"This whole world's wild at heart and weird on top."
"It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told." (maybe not this one)
"This is my corn. You people are guests in my corn."
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
Well, there is a start, but you get the idea, "I'll be back" is a lame most popular movie quote, let's do better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've always thought the following was hilarious, "nobody puts baby in the corner" ...Dirty Dancing

Unknown said...

Hey look, mister - we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast, and we don't need any characters around to give the joint atmosphere.