Monday, December 10, 2007

old friends

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tonight I had dinner with an old friend that I hadn't seen (or spoken to until recently) in about 15 years, and it got my mind racing on the way home. I am amazed that the conversation after so many years would come so easily, and that although there was a great deal of catching up it was as comfortable as if I was filling her in on the week that had just passed.
This friend was a very central person in my life once upon a time, and until our recent conversations I never realized that I was for her too.
It seems the right people just so happen to get put in our lives at exactly the right time, she was the person that taught me how to be a friend (a skill that I lacked at the time), simply by being one to me, and for that I will always be grateful.

I don't know where else to go with that so I will move on, and poke a little fun at my husband. Mike has been sick this weekend, and I don't mean he's had the flu, or bronchitis, or anything of any kind of serious nature, he simply has a cold. I realize that colds suck and nobody wants one, but he has laid in bed for pretty much the entire weekend moaning, "Oh god, Oh Jesus". Apparently head colds give him religion. I think he should actually be moaning "thank you god, thank you Jesus" because when he is sick he gets to stay home in bed, and moan. I cannot remember the last time that I got sick and got to spend the day in bed resting (it might have been when Billy was born), maybe I'm a little bit jealous. (You think?) Well, I will still make him chicken soup to speed up his recovery, and hope that he doesn't get a hangnail blowing his nose because then he might become completely unbearable.

1 comment:

Mike Greiner said...

maybe it's the flu.

you know, being sick can be faked. why don't you do that? after Mike is better of course.