Saturday, December 29, 2007

catching up..


It has been a while since I have written, and so everything that I want to write about is a bit jumbled up now. The holidays have been so busy this year that it seems like I didn't get the chance to enjoy them until they were over. ( I originally wrote that they had been 'busty' and hesitated a little bit before correcting it.)

The week before Christmas was one of the craziest ever, I think I like to see how much I can handle by by packing as many things as I can into a short period of time, and seeing if I crack. Now that I have survived, I have proof that I am strong, and getting an 'A' in physics, I also have proof that I am smart. If anyone for the rest of my life calls me stupid (not that it happens much), I can say, "No I'm not, I got an 'A' in physics."

Christmas eve we spent at my mother-in-laws' house, as we do every year, and it was great. I love getting to see the kids play with all of their cousins, maybe because I know what a luxury my cousins have been to me, I even have one or two that are more like brothers and sisters than cousins.

My mother in law is the best gift getter that I have ever met, she buys gifts for my kids that it would never occur to me to pick, and they are without fail a hit every time. She asked me the other night if I would go shopping with her next year to help her pick gifts for the kids, because she doesn't think she knows well enough what they might want, but watching Jack play with his magic set, I would beg to differ.

My favorite part of the year was on the way home that night. There is a neighborhood near where Mike grew up (by the Mormon church, for those in San Diego) that puts on a huge lights display, a few blocks worth of houses participate. We drove through on our way home Christmas eve, and the kids were 'oohing and ahhing' in the backseat, and towards the end, Billy, my precious 4 year old says, "Wow, our house is boring."

Well, this has gotten kind of long, or I would tell you all about the cousin that I'm feeling not very loving to this year, but I guess it's time to let bygones be bygones.

So a late Merry Christmas to all, I hope you had something in the day that you'll remember.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

We saw the lights the same night as you all did! Christmas came to quickly and left just as fast. I love the children being all together. It can be chaotic and loud but get down to it, it is family and they love each other! Your blog is great..I resigned up and it said I already did(uh) but I don't get emails letting me know so I just check in...I do agree with the comment under the resolutions..you do have a lot to say..write more!! :)

Jenn said...

We saw the lights the same night as you all did! Christmas came to quickly and left just as fast. I love the children being all together. It can be chaotic and loud but get down to it, it is family and they love each other! Your blog is great..I resigned up and it said I already did(uh) but I don't get emails letting me know so I just check in...I do agree with the comment under the resolutions..you do have a lot to say..write more!! :)