Friday, February 1, 2008

black dog


This post is dedicated to all of you Zeppelinians, Zeppelinistas, Zeppelinites.

I seem to have caught a great deal of grief over my comments about Led Zeppelin being soft rock. You see, XM radio has implemented a channel dedicated to Led Zeppelin, 24 hours a day, all Zeppelin, all the time. Any time throughout the day you can think, wow I could use me some D'yer Mak'er, or Stairway to Heaven right now, all you have to do is turn it on, there it is.

Now, when Mike told me about this station, I thought he was joking because everytime we turned the radio on there was a Zeppelin song playing, but, no it is an actual station. Everytime I pull the headphones out of his radio so that I can listen to something, that is what is on, because he likes to listen to it to drift off to sleep. This is when I made the comment, "I can undertsand your wanting to listen to a little soft rock to get to sleep." He proceeded to act like I had just hit him below the belt, and apparently he isn't the only man that's 'sensitive' about his Zeppelin.

I am not trying to put your little band down, I actually love Led Zeppelin, but it is something that I put on to relax, not get things going, because it's soft, dare I say, easy listening.

I will give you that they might have been considered hard in their day, but it's been a long time since they rock and rolled, I believed they released their last album(that's right album, vinyl) in 1979. So, to all of you that seem to have a problem with my classification, you should know that the only thing you are revealing with you objections is your age.

Side note - I miss my black dog.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Julie mix me up a soft rock tape, a little Zep and, I don't know, how about some Air Supply.

Mike Greiner said...

Lot's of people talking
few of them know
the soul of a woman
was created below

Jenn said...

wow 1979?? I was just a youngin back then. I do recall Stairway to Heaven and I am sure I heard them through the close door of my older bro Mike.

julie hoye said...

Mike-
I am Dazed and Confused by your comment.

Anonymous said...

So, I burned the toast today...... I didn't really think about your burndt toast when I read it, except that it made me chuckle. But this morning I am living with the smell that overpowers the house. So, I investigated. I found this little door on the bottom of the toaster. I held 4 years of toast crumbs...... thats how long we've had the toaster. It was almost an inch thick! How did I get to be this old and not know about that little door?....... Just a thought on your situation which you have likely dealt with and moved on......
Judith