Monday, January 7, 2008

victor


My cousin Victor comes to my house every Sunday to watch football, and hang out with the family. He has been doing this ever since he joined the Marines about nine years ago, with the exception of a nine month hiatus where he was deployed. Before he joined up I hardly knew him, as he grew up in Alaska, and is about eight years younger.

Victor is a great guy, and when Mike, or the kids, and I need anything, he is always offering to help us out. That being said, he isn't always the easiest person to take, and if introducing him to someone, or taking him to restaurant, you need to be prepared, because there is no filter for what comes out of his mouth. We have gotten to be really close, sometimes I don't know if I consider him more like a brother, or another kid. For example, the picture above is of him and Mike at my daughters 8th birthday party, his shirt says, "Boobies make me smile." I have actually had him turn a few of the shirts that he has worn inside-out before he came into the house, this one was tame.

My three youngest kids love him, as do Mike and I, Emma pretends not to like him, but sometimes she lets it slip. He is the typical uncle, he messes with them and tries to get them to pull his finger, etc... His favorite thing is to try to get the kids to touch his nasty big toe, that he has affectionately named, "Lucky". So far they have all managed to escape it.

His behavior had not seemed to rub off on any of the kids until recently. A few weeks ago Billy asked us to pull his finger, and today when I was tickling his feet, he said that I should be careful not to touch Lucky or my fingers would get stinky.
And so it is passed on to another generation, my children's children will now have to avoid pulling their Uncle Billy's finger.

I just realized that I can say whatever I want about Victor here, because like my husband, he doesn't read my blog. I will refrain from any really good stories for now, because I know the Bucs have tortured him enough this week.

5 comments:

Mike Greiner said...

Victor? Victor? Oh yes, I remember him. well, I am glad he finds time to visit someone.

Jess said...

LMAO! I miss being at your house on Sunday and hearing Vic yelling his fool head off at football "Son of a Motherless Goat!!!" at the top of his lungs (see, there's the filter!) He is a very loud person. And you never have to wonder what he's thinking.

julie hoye said...

Hey Mike-

In his defense, I live 40 minutes away, and you live 3,000 miles away, I am a little easier to get to.

As for anyone other family out here, well, he can't help it if he likes me best, I am pretty wonderful.

Mike Greiner said...

Julie, he has been single and out of Alaska for how long? one guy, one plane ticket. HE could visit if it was important to him. Like I did when I was single -and even when I wasn't.

julie hoye said...

It appears that I have stumbled on some touchy brother issues.
You are not alone, I saw Max this summer and he had some choice words for Vic for not coming out to Arizona with me.
I have somehow become Vic's go-between, if he doesn't call home for a while your mom calls me looking for him.
I think I will post his fiancee's phone number, and rid myself of the responsibility.